“Agent Talk” is a recurring segment that offers new insight, ideas and strategy to our friends in the telecom agent community. Check back for a new post each month!
It’s clear that Wi-Fi is important to most of our day to day activities whether you are working in an office all day or binge watching your favorite show online. A large majority of organizations make sure to accommodate their customers by having free Wi-Fi in their facility for all to enjoy. You’re happy about the convenience of your situation when you have Wi-Fi, but if you walk into a venue where there is nothing but data to support you, it can be a hard hit on you plan limits.
Businesses and venues who don’t have Wi-Fi for their patrons are missing out on valuable information and could potentially be losing customers in the process. This is your chance to sell, Agent! But convincing a business that they need Wi-Fi can be a difficult job if they don’t see the value in it.
Fret no more, The Huffington Post's article, "50 Incredible Wi-Fi Tech Statistics That Businesses Must Know" by Vala Afshar has given some fascinating statistics that could help you better sell to your audience by helping them understand the need for Wi-Fi.
Here are 10 Wi-Fi tips:
- 75% of people say 1 week without Wi-Fi would leave them grumpier than 1 week without coffee. – Iconic Displays
- 38% of 2-year-olds use mobile devices. – Common Sense Media
- There will be more than 7 billion new Wi-Fi enabled devices in the next 3 years. – Sys-Con
- 90% of all smartphones are equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities.
- 71% of all mobile communications flows over Wi-Fi. – Wi-Fi Alliance
- By 2017, 60% of carrier network traffic will be offloaded to Wi-Fi. – Wireless Broadband Association
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal. Reaching customers on-the-go is more important than ever before. – Google Think Insights
- By the end of 2014, 25% of the US workforce will HP use a tablet for primary computing.
- 93% of tablet owners will utilize Wi-Fi only. – Deloitte
- 50% of consumers feel comfortable making a large purchase in-store if Wi-Fi access is available. – Accenture
There’s no getting around the fact that Wi-Fi has become an everyday convenience. Agents, you can do more than just sell Wi-Fi, you can sell solutions that help businesses better understand their customers. Open up a customer's mind with facts and figure that will make them understand what they are missing out on.