To visitors attending sporting events, concerts, academic campuses, zoos, museums, or large event venues; Wi-Fi is no longer an expectation, but a requirement. Studies dictate that visitors attribute Wi-Fi with an improved experience and show they will be a loyal customer if Wi-Fi is available every time they visit.
Wi-Fi Over Cellular Service
With most people using smartphones with all the latest technology, especially in a densely populated event venue, cellular service does not give visitors adequate bandwidth for something as simple as a phone call. This inadequacy has led to people always searching for a free Wi-Fi connection when outside their home.
Why Aren't All Large Venues Offering Free Wi-Fi?
Partly because they feel there is a costly installation, they will have to deal with technical issues, or maybe the worry about a large amount of fiber being laid on their property or building. All of these reasons are valid, but can be resolved. With a custom built network that is scalable to each unique venue, Wi-Fi is a seamless solution and valuable return on the investment. Hotspots are installed strategically to be unnoticed and there is no fiber stretching long paths over the property. In addition, the entire network can be managed offsite by a dedicated operations center, that is availabe 24/7 to resolve any technically issues that may arise. The value is not only in the available Wi-Fi to visitors and their enhanced experience, but in the analytics that a business can use to grow and learn more about their customers.
The Return on Investment:
- Receive detailed demographics to gain insight into your visitors and how to serve them better
- Increased social media sharing
- Drive customer loyalty and return visits with campaigns shred during and after their visit
- Data of footpaths and heat maps to show where visitors are spending most of their time in the venue
- Real time marketing opportunities as users are logged into the Wi-Fi
- Sponsored landing pages to bring in other partnerships
- Communication via text and email during a visit or even once a patron has left the venue
Powernet partners with several large venues in managing a success, scalable Wi-Fi network and valuable analytic software.